The continuous technological development proliferates the complex relationships in both abstract and the real world environment and shapes the society in a new way. Digital design tools and techniques, production and scientific methods provide a good foundation for a new interpretation of the complex design in the contemporary age. Different levels and aspects of complexity influence the design appearance and make the designers rethink the design process, since possibilities of integration of the complexity into the core of the design process continually increases.
In architecture, design and art, complexity is present in many ways. The exhibition ”Designing complexity” focuses on the re-embodiment of complexity in architecture, design and art which relates the digital technologies and innovative design approaches.
Entries open: 1. December 2018.
Entries close: 2. April 2018.
Notification of acceptance: 14. April 2018.
Final poster submission and registration opening: 7. May 2018.
Exhibition: 8. June 2018
How to apply
We invite students, academics and professionals to propose their ideas, studies or designs for the exhibition ”Designing complexity”, which will be organized in Novi Sad on the 8th June 2018.
To apply, please send three files to the email@example.com e-mail adress (mail subject ‘EXHIBITION DC 2018’):
1. One text file (.doc or .docx) containing title and a short description of 100-200 words.
Name of the file should contain title of your proposal and ‘txt’ at the end (TITLE-txt.doc)
2. One high quality illustration of your proposal (no text, .jpg, 300ppi).
Name of the file should contain title of your proposal and ‘img’ at the end (TITLE-img.jpg)
Keep in mind that this illustration and text will be used for the selection process and for the catalogue.
3. One text file (.doc or .docx) containing the author info: the title, authors name(s), affiliations, address, e-mail address, phone number, web site, type of presentation and special requerements (if any).
Name of the file should contain title of your poposal and ‘info’ at the end (TTITLE-info.doc).
In Info documet please clearly state how you would prefer to present your work: a) by poster b) with a physical model, c) through something else (specify). You can use one or more types of presentation.
There is no restriction for number of proposals per author.
We encourage authors to apply with a physical model. In that case, please keep in mind that you will be obligated to:
– transport the model to the site
– state the size of the model and other special requirements (if any)
The selection committee will select the best proposals, according to the following criteria:
– The extent of innovation, invention and/or originality of the design solution
– The intensity responce to the exhibition theme
– The capacity to inspire and engage its occupants and visitors
– The quality of the presentation
The authors of the selected designs will be invited to send the poster and/or the accompanying physical model, if applicable.
Serbian Society for Geometry and Graphics, www.sugig.mongeometrija.com
International Society for Geometry and Graphics, www.isgg.net
Faculty of Technical Sciences, University of Novi Sad, www.ftn.uns.ac.rs
Digital Design Center, www.arhns.uns.ac.rs/cdd